Enhanced Ebook University (E2BU), presented by Digital Book World and the Idea Logical Company, is the most comprehensive, authoritative, and current program of its kind for publishing professionals. Date:
Recording of WEBcast on August 11th, 2010. Tuition:
$39 / DBW Members:
$23 (Member discount will be applied at checkout) Register for the complete series (all 10 sessions, plus the White Paper) and save over $100: $299 / DBW Members: $240.
Not yet a member? Get all of E2BU plus membership for only $20 more, a savings of 80%!
As an author, what do you need to know about enhanced ebooks? This session will explore your role as author in creating enhancements, what you should consider, and what you need to be doing as part of your regular workflow. We will look at examples of enhanced ebooks and discuss which enhancements work best for which kinds of content. Primary learning objective:
Authors will develop a basic understanding of the current enhanced ebook marketplace and examine both how their work fits into the marketplace and what they need to do to prepare their work for enhancements. You will learn:
• The leading enhanced ebooks on the market today.
• Recommendations for when and when not to create an enhanced ebook.
• Advantages and disadvantages of enhancements.
• What content is best suited for enhancements.
• Workflow recommendations to facilitate enhanced ebook production.
• Importance of collecting and organizing research and reference material.
• The challenges of third-party material.
This WEBcast is especially important for writers and agents. MODERATOR
Kirk Biglione is a seasoned digital media professional specializing in web publishing systems, social and search strategies, and user experience. Kirk frequently speaks on topics related to digital media and is a co-founder of Medialoper
. His extensive writings on digital media and consumer experience have made him something of a reluctant DRM expert. PANELISTS
• J.C. Hutchins, award-winning new media storyteller
• Bob Kasher, Business Development Manager for Integrated Solutions at The BookMasters Group
• Peter Meyers, author of the E2BU report, "Enhanced Ebooks Today and Tomorrow"
• Debbie Stier, Director of Digital Marketing for HarperCollins ABOUT ENHANCED EBOOK UNIVERSITY:
Everyone is talking about enhanced ebooks, but nobody seems to know exactly what they are. What are our options for enhancement? How much does it cost? Who makes enhanced ebooks? Do we outsource the workflow? Can we create it in-house? Do we even have the rights?
Before publishers integrate enhanced ebooks into their business model and develop marketing strategies, they need E2BU. We gather the top publishers, agents, developers, and experts together to explore all the options, now and in the future, in a practical, business minded approach.
There's no fluff, no tech jargon, no fawning over devices – E2BU's 10 sessions zero in on the unique issues publishers need to understand to craft competent enhancements that satisfy readers and sell books.