- Ideal for freelancers who are looking for more efficient and effective ways to find work
- Shares successful business practices and effective time-management strategies
- Gives helpful guidelines for starting or growing a successful freelance writing business
There are plenty of books on crafting book proposals, writing novels, overcoming writer's block, and creative writing prompts to bring out one's inner muse. But what about a book for writers who simply want to make a steady income? Writer for Hire provides the hundreds of thousands of full-time freelancers — and the millions more who freelance part-time — with smart, practical, proven advice to help them work more efficiently and make more money for their work. You'll learn:
- 101 secrets to success which are organized into five key strategies, each providing easy and clear steps for readers to implement immediately
- Invaluable advice on how to run a freelance business including managing deadlines, writing successful queries, working with — and vetting — potential clients, handling taxes, invoices, and more
- Ways to boost your freelance writing career with effective strategies for getting more writing jobs, networking in-person or online, establishing yourself as an expert, working efficiently under tight deadlines, and handling rejection with confidence
Author Kelly James-Enger looks at the business of freelance writing as a whole and discusses tips and strategies for marketing yourself as well as your skills, while maintaining a balance between your life and career. The book includes a complete appendix on essential resources for freelance writers such as listings of important websites and much more!
Who should buy this book?
- Writers who are thinking about starting their own freelance writing business
- Freelance writers who want to learn how to manage their freelance writing business more effectively
- Writers who want to know how to become a successful freelance writer
About the Author
Kelly James-Enger made the leap to fulltime freelance writer in 1997. Since then, her work has been published in more than 60 national magazines. She has also authored, coauthored, and ghostwritten 12 books. She is also a motivational speaker and currently lives outside of Chicago.